- August 18, 2020
- Posted by: Jennifer Lawson
- Category: FreshXpertise, General, Key Trends, Ron Pelger
FreshXpertise by Ron Pelger
The world around us is changing fast as the economic pendulum swings in many unknown directions. New trends have company executives trying to figure out what exactly lies ahead for their businesses. There are many mixed signals being circulated about various changes that are visualized over the horizon in the way of trend alerts.
The produce industry has experienced diverse trend changes over the years. Business leaders always need to be sharp and stay up on all areas that adapt into the future if they want to stay in the game and move their companies forward.
There are three factors to consider and take full advantage of in keeping your company ahead of the game these days; consumer requests — trends — and — the future. It is highly imperative to respond to these components when they enter the market awareness zone. As soon as a food trend is born, you must act on it fast.
Perhaps you feel great about your market establishment, newly remodeled facilities, product line, staff, and technology. So, why aren’t you setting the world on fire in sales? Probably because you don’t act fast enough on new trends.
Businesses today need to operate in a different manner whenever a simple shift takes place initiated by consumer behaviors. Our produce business is always faced with jumping over many hurdles. If you don’t understand all the hurdles and devise strategic plans to hop over them quickly, it will suppress your profit line.
Be aware of what is happening in the world around you. No two days are alike and unyielding challenges are blocking the road ahead. Know what they are in order to play the game to win.
Here are five areas that will force you to change your business strategies:
- COVID-19 — This has been a huge turning point in all businesses. Mandatory social rules to protect health in every way has changed the grocery scene. Consumers have adapted to different ways of shopping. Food safety is still a leading concern by food manufacturers, suppliers, and consumers.
- Expert Workers — The lack of good qualified skilled workers has placed a burden on companies trying to build growth. Instead of moving forward, it stalls development. Luring the best-talented workers is going to take better incentives, especially premium benefits.
- Local Visibility — Grocery stores continue to support local produce growers as consumers show an ever-demanding interest for “close to home fresh product.”
- Rejuvenated Services — Greater emphasis on services for customers will place a stronghold on keeping them. Staff training is a must in every company.
- Pricing Pressure — Higher food prices are sending customers scurrying to stores where they can get the best value for their dollar. Anything related to “lower prices on quality product” will get the bulk of the business.
Timing is everything when it comes to emerging trends. Hence, businesses could benefit by considering the latest consumer trends in strategic planning, meetings, budgets, and operations. This is called “trend action.”
There are two important parts that execute a trend action; consumer lifestyle changes —— and —— business response. Once consumers actuate a new lifestyle trend, business leaders must recognize it at an early stage and take fast advantageous action on it.
FreshXperts is on top of all the initial approaches to probable consumer start-up trends. Our experts are always analyzing the shopping habits and desires of consumers. The information learned is then placed into the designing of various programs to help companies rapidly take advantage and beat the competition to the punch. For fast skilled results, contact FreshXperts.