areas of expertise
- Produce Merchandising Strategies at Store Level
- Produce Operations at Store Level
- Produce Procurement
- Produce Shrink Control
- Produce Training
- Produce Sales and Profit Mix Strategy
- Produce Budgeting/Forecasting
- Produce Advertising Development
- In-store Special Merchandising Promotions
- Technical Layout of the Produce Department
- Journalist – Author
- Over 30 years of Supermarket Management
- Supermarket Career in Northern Ohio, NY City, New England
- Produce Manager
- Produce Buyer
- Produce Superintendent
- Director of Produce Merchandising and Procurement
- Responsible for the Produce Operation in 415 Stores
- Columnist for The Produce News (IN THE TRENCHES)
- Authored over 350 Produce Industry Articles
“Ten out of ten times, business success and positive growth will develop only if you are never ever satisfied with your sales results.” . . . . . . . . Ron Pelger
Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
Ron Pelger is the owner of RonProCon, a produce industry-consulting firm located in Reno, Nevada. with an office in Portland, Maine. As an independent journalist, he has authored over 350 produce industry-related articles and has a regular opinion column published in The Produce News titled, In the Trenches, which appears on a monthly basis. He also writes for several websites and various food media activity.
He is a retail expert in executive level management, people motivation, retail produce merchandising, retail procurement, training, building sales growth, profit strategies, and journalism.
He was associated with a major supermarket chain as Director of Produce Merchandising and Procurement for over 30 years in marketing areas of Northern Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, New York State, New York City, and New England.
His responsibilities covered all phases of the produce operation including retail merchandising, procurement, advertising development, inventory levels, shrink control, presentation at store level, and retail training. He has planned and directed well over 150 new store layout programs for the produce departments.
As a current produce industry director, Ron is active in working with numerous retail supermarket chains, growers, shippers, packers, distributors, trade organizations, and commodity boards.
His personal mission is to support all growers, shippers, and retailers in the produce industry and direct them towards positive future growth. His messages are what everyone needs to hear, rather than what everyone wants to hear.
March 5, 2019
February 5, 2019
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form:
Latest posts by Jennifer Lawson (see all)
- #Class 25 - March 5, 2019
- retailers want to buy a program over just buying the product - March 5, 2019
- Update your training to keep pace with the produce industry - February 5, 2019
- What lies ahead for your company in 2019? - January 8, 2019