Tim Vaux is President of The Vaux Group, consultants to the produce industry .
The Vaux Group provides the following services:
- Enterprise Planning. We’ll help shape your vision into a step by step plan with key decision points at each stage.
- Feasibility Studies. We will analyze the market and help you determine the best approach for success.
- Strategic Planning. This is a key component of goal setting and is a part of an enterprise plan. This includes advice on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures,
- New Product Planning and Launch. We will help you to decide what competitive advantages your new product may have as a means of establishing sustainable success. Further, we will help design a successful launch plan.
- Succession Planning. Another component of enterprise planning is to understand and agree to a succession plan. This is especially important in family businesses.
- Organization Development. Once an organization chart is developed to achieve your vision, we can help determine skill sets for each key position and provide training/personal development plans.
- Turnaround Specialist. If your business needs an independent third party analysis to get it back on track to financial success, the Vaux Group can help.
Formerly, Tim served in various executive roles with the DuPont Company for 27 years in the U.S. and Canada. Until mid-2007, he was in charge of Food Industry Marketing and Produce Industry Relations for DuPont Agriculture and Nutrition. He provided leadership and strategic direction for industry relations and marketing initiatives with the U.S. fruit and vegetable industry and interacted with important national and regional produce trade associations and companies. He conceived, developed and operated the Produce Industry Leadership Program in conjunction with the United Fresh Produce Association for 12 years.
Tim has served on the United Fresh Produce Association Board of Directors (Washington, DC). In addition, he served on the Board of the United Way of Fresno County. Tim is also past president of the Ag One Foundation which promotes the College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology at Fresno State. He was also a founding partner in Bulldog Capital Ventures, a venture capital investment group.
In 2000, Tim received recognition as The Packer Produce Industry Man of the Year for his work in developing industry leaders. Tim is a proud graduate of Class XXXI of the California Agricultural Leadership Program and serves on its Alumni Council. He has also participated in leadership and executive development programs at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Cornell University and Penn State University. Tim is also certified in Six Sigma.
Born in Sacramento, CA, Tim graduated with a B.S. degree in Agricultural Business from Fresno State University.