You Need an Omnichannel Customer Experience
- The customer orders the three items from his desktop computer before he leaves the office with the promise that they will be waiting at the pickup area when he arrives at the store, paid for and ready to go.
- When the customer orders online, you give him the option of adding any or all of the items already on his electronic shipping list which you keep synced for him across the web and your mobile app. Those items will also be ready to go when he picks up the three dinner items.
- When the customer begins the online order for three grocery items for dinner, your website suggests that he order tonight’s featured prepared item from the in-store deli. Your website knows he likes it because it checked his order history when he logged in and he’s ordered it 4 times in the last quarter. You have the order ready when he arrives – most likely a higher margin purchase than the groceries. You can offer the original grocery items also. They’ll be ready for the next night’s dinner.
- When the customer arrives at the store, the geofence around your store sends a messagethrough your mobile app alerting him to a special dessert item available in the bakery.
- When the customer arrives at the store, the geofence sends an alert for a couple of the staple items on his electronic shopping list – milk, bread, eggs.
- When the customer checks out and scans his loyalty card, the POS system prints at the bottom of his receipt (or at the bottom of the receipt emailed to the address on file) a reminder that he has just earned additional cents off at the store’s gas station partner.
These ideas just scratch the surface of what can be done with a robust, integrated customer experience. The goal is to catalog the information that is meaningful to the customer and deliver it back to him or her at the times and in the places that make the shopping experience better and faster and create a more favorable value proposition.
To learn more about getting started or improving your customer’s omnichannel experience, download the FreshXperts New to Omnichannel PowerPoint deck.
Latest posts by Mike Chirveno (see all)
- FreshXpert Heidi Chapnick in Consumer Reports - June 12, 2017
- Is a Strategic Plan Really Necessary? Answer the question for yourself in 856 Words. - August 28, 2016
- You Need an Omnichannel Customer Experience - August 10, 2016
- The Truth - September 18, 2015